Advice from the Pro's
Michaelangelo's Photography

Experienced Wedding Planners tell their Story

Welcome to Michaelangelo's Blog. Our blog is a bit different. We have asked the professional wedding planners (Our Wedding Couples) to tell their stories. They understand better than anyone the stress that can overwhelm a couple in the planning stages. Hopefully future couples making arrangements for their big day can walk away with tips and advise to make the planning process a bit easier. So read on. Enjoy their stories and have fun with your planning
We would love to hear some comments. Do you Know someone planning a wedding? Please forward this on!
Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

JENNIFER & ALEX


Both my husband and I lived out of state (me in North Carolina and him in Texas) so planning a wedding in Cleveland was challenging.  But this was where I grew up, so we made it work.  We couldn’t have pulled everything together if it wasn’t for the cooperation of our vendors. Two things were most important to me: the cake (because my mom is a pastry chef) and the photos

The photography: Ed and Cheryl were the best! I picked them from a long list of photographers in the area because I felt most comfortable with them at our initial meeting.  Their laid back yet professional style was the right vibe that I wanted on my wedding day.  We communicated mostly over the phone and by email to sort out the details of the day, and then had a final meeting a few days before the wedding to confirm timing and locations.  Because April weather in Cleveland is always a toss up, Cheryl recommended the Old Courthouse as a location for pictures…and I am so glad she did! Our pictures were absolutely stunning.  We were extremely pleased with our choice to go with Michaelangelo’s.  The photographers are probably the people you will be with the most on your wedding day (even more than your future spouse) so it’s important that you are comfortable with them.  We would recommend again and again.

The cake: We chose Michael Angelo's Bakery In Broadview Heights. Being out of town posed a challenge in getting the cake just perfect, but Matt was up for the challenge. We communicated over email, exchanging pictures and drawings until I was completely happy. I remember, when I walked into the reception room the cake was the first thing that caught my eye and I was so happy...it was perfect. And the "icing on the cake" was that it tasted even better than it looked! Again, we highly recommend Michael Angelo's Bakery.
The day went so fast, but we couldn’t be happier.  My best piece of advice is to make your day about you.  Everyone will have their opinion, but always make sure you are happy with the decisions because the memories that you are making are yours. Ed and Cheryl understand this and will help make sure your day is what you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment